1. The White Yard Limited is engaged in the marketing, sales and supply of wedding attire. This notice explains to customers the different types use of data we collect, why we collect it and what we will do to keep it secure.
This privacy notice covers:
· Why we use your personal information
· The legal basis for processing
· What personal information we use
· How we use your personal information
· Your rights under data protection legislation
· Sharing personal information with third parties
· How long we may keep your information
· Changes to our privacy notice
· Contact details for our data protection officer
Data controller. The White Yard Limited.
Data Processor. The White Yard Limited.
Types of data we collect and why we collect it
1. When you ask us to advise you on wedding attire, you supply us with basic personal details. We receive, collect and store any information you provide us on hard copy paperwork including contact names, address, telephone numbers, email address, instagram tag, wedding date and measurements. This information will never be shared with any Third Party without consent.
Processing is necessary for the purposes of our core business of retailing wedding attire. This includes:
· Placing orders for your attire
· Accounts and records of core business purposes
At present we do not use mailing lists nor store information on electronic devices. All information provided for your order is contained on a hard copy order form. All card payment information is encrypted
through either square or zettle, and we have no access to this.
What data we use
2. Data subject, category and description
CUSTOMERS NAME. MAIDEN AND MARRIED
ADDRESS. HOME ADDRESS AND EMAIL ADDRESS
MOBILE/HOME PHONE NUMBER
How we use your data
3. We use your data to process your order with our suppliers for bridal attire by email, text, whats app, post and telephone. We use your data to process our accounts and financial records with HMRC and accountants.
Storage and Security
4. Emails. All emails sent to and from The White Yard are via Outlook email servers. We keep information secure by using Antivirus protection services, laptop passwords, encrypted whats app and iphone security for fitting photos.
Hard copy data. We keep hard copies of order forms, invoices and measurement forms. These hard copies are kept onsite at our secure premises.
Sharing personal information with third parties
5. We never share your information with third parties, unless we seek your prior consent. Prior consent will be obtained for reasons such as sharing a fitting photograph with your seamstress. Agreement may be verbal, written, in email, by whats app, instagram messaging or facebook messaging.
Access to your personal information
6. Under GDPR, you have a right to the following conditions:
· Request an amendment of your personal information that we hold.
· Request for deletion of data that we hold
· Appeal to the processing of data where we are relying on a legitimate interest
· Request the transfer of your personal information in a suitable form
· Make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office whom can be contacted through their website.
To view, amend or delete any of the personal data we hold, please email your request to our data protection officer, C Mellor: firstname.lastname@example.org
How long we may keep your information
7. Your personal information will be held on hard copy file until 6 months following the date of your wedding. After this anniversary your name and order form will be held on file for 7 years, for accountancy purposes.
Changes to our privacy notice
8. Changes to our privacy notice will be communicated via our website. www.thewhiteyard.co.uk
Contact details for our data protection officer
9. C Mellor. The White Yard. Elsecar Heritage Centre. Wath Rd. Barnsley. S74 8HJ. 01226 446724. email@example.com